Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Thomas, I am Portuguese and my wife holds a Residence Card of EEA (Family Member). Her

Customer Question

Hi Thomas, I am Portuguese and my wife holds a Residence Card of EEA (Family Member). Her visa is expiring on August 2016, and I would like to apply for her EEA PR. I have 5 years self employed but 12/13 (2 years) my earn was less than £6000 (NI class 4) so I did not pay any tax to the government. Is my wife still able to get the EEA PR? If yes do I need to wait her visa get expired first or I will be able to apply now?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
Can you prove your low earnings for the particular year?Did you claim any benefits during that year?Tom
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Yes I can prove my earning with invoices, and also I have claimed benefits during those years as well.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Thomas,I was checking my taxes and I can see that I did not pay tax 05 April 2013 and also 05 April 2014.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Thomas,Just for you to understand what I am saying from 2011 - 2015, I did not pay tax (2013 and 2014) I was also in benefits as well, I have attached pictures so you can see as well.
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I will be able to answer at 10am.Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you. I cannot examine the documents you have sent because that would constitute specific advice and this is a general guidance forum only.If you worked but earned less than £6000 in a couple of years and claimed benefits then it’s going to be difficult for you/your wife to apply for PR. This is because it really is a 50:50 shot.Had you not worked at all then you would certainly not be able to apply. It depends on whether the home office regard your limited working as “exercising treaty rights”. It’s possible for part-time workers to claim PR despite not working a full working week.The fact that you have claimed benefits in this time is not helpful either because this means that you have not really been “self sufficient” during this time which is another way of exercising treaty rights. Ultimately, the application fee for applying for PR is relatively small (approx. £80) and so you may consider applying even though the chances of you/your wife actually obtaining PR are reduced. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Cama I cal you by 13.00 today? Please confirm
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
I'm afraid that would also constitute specific advice which we - as lawyers - cannot give on a forum of this type. PLease reply to this thread and I will assist.Tom
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Thomas,I am waiting your call and I could not speak with you over the phone
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
I'm afraid that would also constitute specific advice which we - as lawyers - cannot give on a forum of this type. PLease reply to this thread and I will assist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am waiting for your callThanks
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
I'm afraid that I cannot call you as this would also constitute specific advice which we - as lawyers - cannot give on a forum of this type. PLease reply to this thread and I will assist.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Why you have confirmed my call? "The Solicitor has confirmed your phone call request and will call you in a few minutes."
I would like to have a refund for that please
Expert:  Thomas replied 9 months ago.
That is a standard message that you have recevied, I didn't (and cannot) send it. Refund requested