Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My child was born 1998 in UK and I have been living permanently

Customer Question

My child was born 1998 in UK and I have been living permanently in UK since 1986 up till now and I became UK citizen in 2010. I and the child mother not married and the child is still living with her as the mother kept the child away from me. My question is can this child aquire British citizens automatically ? Or can I as father register her before she turns 18years old knowing that the mothers consent cannot be sought as we are separated by police as a result of domestic violence . I as a father want good for this child. Is it possible for this child to register herself when she become adult if either of the parents register her before she turn 18 in few months time. Your advice is valuable to me.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am okay waiting for the answer.
David.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am an African decent (Nigeria) and I obtained right to leave and remains in UK in the year 2000. I desperately need to know what to do before my child turned 18years in 5months time. Again , your advice is valuable.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 8 months ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. Your child does not acquire British citizenship automatically so you may wish to consider her entitlement to register as a British citizen before she turns 18. The application for registration usually requires the consent of both parents but where the other parent has not consented, then you must give reasons why and provide supporting documents. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.