Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

There. I am a south african with a South African passport

Customer Question

Hi there. I am a south african with a South African passport travelling to Cyprus for a family wedding. I have a criminal conviction for downloading indecent images on the internet.I was sentenced to 8 months and incarcerated for 4 months 2 years ago. If I get asked when applying for my holiday visa if I have a criminal record do I have to say yes and provide information, or is it not compulsory for me to divulge this information?.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Is this related to a UK immigration issue because your question has been listed as such.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a South African citizen living in London with my partner (uk citizen). Been living here for 13 years and have to go to my sister in laws wedding in Cyprus end of June. When I go to the Cyprus Embasy for my visiting visa they will ask me if I have a criminal record.
UK immigration is not the main issue of your question so therefore I will have to opt out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So I just wasted £20 then?
Opting out gives someone else who is better able to answer your question the opportunity to do so. So it is not a waste.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Has my request been pasted to someone that can help me?. I have paid for an answer I have not been given yet
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you just refund me the £20 please. I don't think it's a difficult question to answer it seems everyone is too afraid to give the the answer I am looking for