How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask frantzgregory Your Own Question
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 561
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
frantzgregory is online now

I am a UK citizen in the UK undergoing cancer treatment. My

Customer Question

I am a UK citizen in the UK undergoing cancer treatment. My wife is Egyptian and with me in the UK on a 6 month visitors visa. We arrived in the UK on the 26th January - my treatment is expected to go beyond my wifes visa permitted date of July 26th. Is there any avenue to extend my wifes visa?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. Unfortunately 6 months is the maximum period allowed under a standard visitors visa. As your wife isn't the person receiving medical treatment it is unlikely that the Home Office will extend her visa beyond 6 months. What reasons did your wife give in her visitor's visa application for coming to the UK?