Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

HiI am a british citizen who is now applying

HiI am a british citizen who is now applying for a certificate of entitlement/ right of abode for my child born outside UK. Is the ROA same as settlement visa- child or other dependant relative settled status?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry. At the time of your child's birth were you already a British citizen? When was your child born. When did you acquire British citizenship? Are you married to the child's mother?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I am a british citizen. My child was born on 06.12.15. I acquired the citizenship on 12.09.11. I am the mother of the child. father is an indian passport holder.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Your child is a British citizen by law there is no registration required. You should apply for your child's British passport. You will be asked to provide evidence of your British citizenship. Please can you rate before you leave. Thank you very much.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain what is certificate of entitlement for? I do not have time to apply for british passport and I have taken an Indian passport for my baby and need to see which category visa can I get for the baby.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to answer further questions when the first has be rated.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
A certificate of entitlement is proof of son's right of abode for UK immigration control purposes. It is not the same as a settlement visa. If the application asks to declare your son's nationality, you must do so.