frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

HiSo I a british citizen, i do not want to take british

Customer Question

HiSo I a british citizen, i do not want to take british passport for my child..He has indian passport...but has to travel with me. need a certificate of entitlement stamped in his passport. Is it same as settlement visa? And do I declare his nationality as british in it?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
A certificate of entitlement is proof of son's right of abode for UK immigration control purposes. It is not the same as a settlement visa. If the application asks to declare your son's nationality, you must do so.