Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I applying licence to sponsor work visa

I applying for a licence to sponsor work visa for the company that I work for. I'm stuck on the following question:
Select how you are qualified to operate under Section 84 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Exempt
Regulated
Not Regulated
We are not qualified to give immigration advice, nor do we intend to. So does this mean that we're Exempt? Or not regulated? Confused!
Darre
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. If you are not qualified or exempt under section 84 of the IAA 1999 act you are neither regulated or exempted. You would be regulated if you are registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) or a designated professional body to practice immigration law. Please note the provision of immigration advice and services if you are not a qualified person is a criminal offence. Your company should seek independent legal advice before applying for a sponsorship licence. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.