frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Good afternoon I have residence card visa of EEA

Hello, good afternoon I have residence card visa of EEA family member 5 years, that expires in oct 2016 Do I have to wait this visa to expire to apply for my residence card? or can I apply now?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry the correct visa I want to apply now is EEA (PR) - Can I aply now? Or I need to wait until October?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been in Uk since 2009 first with student visa and renewed for residence card visa of EEA family member 5 years
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. You would need to show evidence establishing 5 years of continuous residence under EU regulations as a family member, which will be tied to the evidence that your spouse was exercising treaty rights during the same 5 year period. You should apply before expiry and when you have completed 5 years.