frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I have been living in the UK since 2008; entered with

Customer Question

I have been living in the UK since 2008; entered with an ILE visa (expiring: 07/05/16). After a change in regulation by the Nepalese government, my passport with the visa was cancelled and issued a new one on 2015. While, in 2014 I had successfully applied and received my certificate of naturalisation.
1) Will I need to apply for a NTL card if I travel with my Nepalese passport?
2) Does getting a certificate of naturalisation affect the NTL procedure anyway?
3) If I were to apply for a british passport what would be the best way to keep both passport if allowed?
What other things should be considered?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. You will need to apply for a British passport. If you have naturalised as a British citizen after you were granted indefinite leave, you should not apply for no time limit. You have the right of abode in the UK and are no longer subject to immigration control. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On similar subject,
If a person has a NTL card can he apply for naturalisation and British passport?
HelloI am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated.
Yes if that person meets the requirements for naturalisation. But if you have naturalised as a British citizen after you were granted indefinite leave, you should not apply for no time limit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great help!
You are welcome