Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am georgian citizen residing in the uk married to italian

Hi , i am georgian citizen residing in the uk married to italian for four years. Can i apply for british citizenship?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. You would need to first show evidence of permanent residence before you will be eligible to apply for British citizenship. You can only apply for British citizenship after 12 months of being granted permanent residence. To evidence permanent residence, you would need to provide evidence establishing you have 5 years of continuous residence in the UK under EEA regulations. Your application will depend on the evidence you can provide showing that your EU national spouse has remained in the UK as a qualified person for the same 5 year period. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.