frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm currently on a tier 4 student visa in the UK. My country

Customer Question

Hi, I'm currently on a tier 4 student visa in the UK. My country of origin is India. I am in my third year of undergraduate studies in the UK and am hoping to pursue an internship over the summer in Finland (3 month long, paid internship). My question is, will I be able to apply for a residence permit for Finland from the Finnish embassy in London?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. You are resident in the UK under a Tier 4 visa. You are allowed to take employment of any duration during vacations. Any employment which is part of a course-related work placement is also allowed provided that time spent on the placement does not exceed half of the total length of your course in the UK. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for the response.My question was not directed towards whether I can take employment during holidays or not, I meant to ask whether, given my residential status, I am allowed to apply for a residence permit (+visa) for Finland from the UK, even though my home country is India (Note: There is a Finnish embassy in India, however it will be a lot more convenient for me to make my application from the Finnish embassy in London, is this possible?
Yes you can as you are resident in the UK under a Tier 4 visa.