Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Was wondering if anyone can guide me in returning back to UK

Customer Question

Was wondering if anyone can guide me in returning back to UK with a valid visa. I am from Pakistan and has lived in UK since 2004 till 2011. Till my VISA ran out in 2010 and I over stayed in UK for a period of over 6 months. I was intending to get married to a EU national girl and Home office found my documentation was fraudulent and I was sentenced to 7 days of imprisonment. As i was not intending to live in UK, I myself returned to my homeland barring all expenses on my own and without even Home office passing any orders on my removal / deportation. The question right now I face is that the company I work for is planning to send me back to UK to attend a conference and I would love to know whether home office will issue the visa to me for travel or I will get refused.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.A visitor's visa application for a short-term visit to the UK to attend a conference will be refused where false representations or false documentations have been submitted in relation to any application made to the Home Office. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So it seems like I will not be granted visa to enter UK. Even though an application was made some tie ago (almost 5 years back). Even though my intention is not to livein UK nor over stay my visa. What is the best way to get out of this situation?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to answer a further question when the first has been rated.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you its done, please provide details.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThanks for the additional information.If deception and false documentation was used in making an immigration application, the duration of the re-entry ban is 12 months if the applicant left the UK voluntarily and at their own expense. This is not to say that an application cannot still be refused outside the relevant re-entry ban time period. An application will normally be refused if there are other aggravating circumstances. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply.What do you suggest, should I try to get the Visit Visa. i know the cases are 50/50 but will this work. just checking if I should give it a try otherwise will have to fly somewhere else for the conference.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Obviously the choice is yours but you have to bear in mind that there is always going to be a risk of refusal when there is an adverse immigration history.