Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Madam,Background: - I am a British citizen and a

Customer Question

Dear Sir/ Madam,Background:
- I am a British citizen and a British passport holder and have always lived in the UK. My wife to be, is a Moroccan citizen and has Moroccan nationality.
- We have recently applied for a visa saying we are engaged and she is my fiancée and we wish to get married in UK and wish for her to settle her with me in the UK permanently.
- She has recently been granted a visa Type: D – Marriage/CP K M A Chaudry
- She is flying to the UK next weekend and we are due to have an English marriage/ CP on the 13th August 2016.I have the following queries;
a) I am confused; is the visa Type: D – Marriage/CP K M A Chaudry the same as a fiancée visa or is it a marriage visa?
b) How do we apply for a visa for her to remain (further leave to remain - FLTR) in the UK with me, once we are married (have formed a civil partnership) on the 13th August 2016?
c) What visa type should she be applying for?
d) Can she apply for this visa type whilst being in the UK, or must she go back to Morocco after a 6 months to apply from there?
e) What is the name of the correct application form that needs to be filled in and what evidence must we submit?
f) What does visa Type: D – Marriage/CP K M A Chaudry allow her to do, i.e: work, travel on her own?
g) If she cannot work with the visa Type: D – Marriage/CP K M A Chaudry, at what point in time is she allowed to work?
h) Once the further leave to remain (FLTR) has been granted what are the next steps to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILTR)/ Settlement?Many Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added a copy of the visa that has been granted for your reference.
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Thank you for your enquiry. The visa granted appears to be a fiancee visa. Category D visas are used for all other entry clearances except visitors and are usually long-stay route. The purpose of a fiancee visa is to allow an applicant enter the UK to get married and then to switch to a family of a settled person visa in the UK after they are married to their settled partner. It is given for a maximum period of 6months. It isn't a work visa. Once an applicant has switched into a family of a settled person visa, they would be allowed to work. Details of the application process, how to apply and the supporting evidence can be found here at https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview After 5 years an applicant on a family of a settled person visa can apply for settlement if they met the requirements. **********************************************************************This is a simple question and answer platform. Answers expressed by the author in this platform are solely base upon the information provided by you. Under no circumstances should answers be relied up as immigration advice. Please note that the author accepts no responsibility for any reliance and it is your responsibility to seek independent legal advice before making any immigration application.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I just confirm two points;
1) My fiancee can apply for the settle person visa from the UK?
2) Our marriage date is the 13th August 2016 and the visa expires on the 30th September 2016, the website states it can take 8 weeks for postal service. Will her fiancee visa be extended, as she is awaiting a decision or must she go back to morocco before the visa expires?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to answer further questions when the first has been rated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have rated you. And would greatly appreciate your help on my other questions.Can I just confirm;
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Hello Your fiancee on a fiancee visa can apply to settle from the UK. Once your partner's application has been submitted before expiry, your partner will remain legal to remain in the UK until a decision is made.