Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

22/04/2016 03:42 I have been living in Australia since 1973

Customer Question

22/04/2016 03:42
I have been living in Australia since 1973 and I have an Australian passport and citizenship. When I emigrated to Australiafrom the Seychelles (9years old) my whole family had black British passports and I was included in my mother's. It states in there 'British Subject' Citizens of UK and Colonies'. Does that passport have any bearing to a claim? Can you also advise why I am not eligible rather than a yes or no please?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloDuring that period the right of abode was withdrawn from certain British Subjects except those born abroad pre 1 January 1983 whose father was registered or naturalised as British before their birth. If the passport does not say right of abode then it is unlikely that there is any bearing but please contact UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to confirm your status.