Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Thomas. i would like to ask about visa husband.

Hi Thomas. i would like to ask about visa for my husband.
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we relocated to UK in October 2015 from Ireland for my job. We married last year. My husband is Argentinian. I am from Slovakia. we sent application for UK visa to Home office in November. we got letter in January that decision will be made within 6 months. Is there any way to check status of our application and speed up this process as it is nearly 6 months and still waiting? I started new job and we will need to relocate in June from Tiverton to Portsmouth.But my husband does not have passport to check with new landlord. How can we rent new house? How can we contact Home Office? Thank you.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi.Thanks for your patience . Unfortunately, there is not a great deal that you can do period you can try to show your landlord a copy of your passport assuming you have kept one and hopefully he will accept this if you can also show that you have submitted an application to the home office. You can attempt to write to the home office expressing the urgency of the situation but there is only a small chance that it will have an effect period regrettably your situation is not uncommon and the Home Office frequently take up to and over 6 months to determine applications of this kind. In my experience once you get to the six months point the Home Office generally determines applications quite soon after and I would not be surprised if you hear from them shortly. I am sorry . Please do remember to rate my answer. Tom