Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

My husband passed away last Jan 30 2016. Iam a naturalised

My husband passed away last Jan 30 2016. Iam a naturalised Brit citizen but my husband remained a Filipino. Am I entitled for a bereavement allowance?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I am sorry for your lossI shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.Were you both resident in the Uk at the time of his death?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he was not a resident of UK ... He hasn't been to UK during those times when he was still alive. It was just me who now is a British naturalised citizen.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
When did you last live together?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were never separated.I go home to Philippines every 6-8 months for holiday to visit my husband & 3 sons. I opted for an early retirement from my NHS job when my husband got vey ill and stayed in dthe Philippines to take care of him until he passed away last Jan 30 2016.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I am afraid that since your husband never lived or worked in the UK you cannot claim Bereavement Allowance as it is based on the deceased's National Insurance contributions.I am so sorryPlease ask if you need further details