Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I am British and am planning to retire and return to England

Customer Question

I am British and am planning to retire and return to England with my South Korean wife of 19 years next year. Will she get an automatic visa? Both our children, with British passports, will be in English universities. I live in Singapore and have been away from England since 1982, working in China, Hong Kong, Australia, Sri Lanka and Singapore. Nick Macfie
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.I am afraid that there is no Automatic visa entitlement.Your wife will have to apply for a Spouse visa.You will need to meet the financial eligibility criteria and she will need to pass the English Language test.More details here https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibilityPlease ask if you need further details