Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Sir I came into the United Kingdom on the 8th of February

Customer Question

Hello sir
I came into the United Kingdom on the 8th of February 2008 from Nigeria to study and I finished my undergraduate on 5th of May 2013. Before I finished I got married to my Italian wife on the 1st August 2012. After my undergraduate I started my masters degree which finished on 26th May 2015 . I didn't attend my masters graduation ceremony so I left for Nigeria on 26th September 2014 and came back to the UK on 26 January 2015(4months in Nigeria). I went back to Nigeria again on 6th June 2015 and came back to the UK on 27th November 2015(5months in Nigeria). Then I came back to Nigeria 3rd November 2015 till date (5months in Nigeria). Am looking to come back to the UK end of April because I still have my 5years residence documentation and I want to apply for my permanent residency. I really want to know if am eligible or not
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.It is not clear whether you mean 5 years residence documentation on the basis of your marriage to an EEA citizen and if so it is not quite 5 years since your marriage. Therefore you would not qualify.