Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

There I am Portuguese and I am married to a British person

Customer Question

Hi there I am Portuguese and I am married to a British person what do I do to get a British passport
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstHow long have you lived in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there I live in the uk for 27 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My name is Maurilia
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got married in the English law in 2008
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please tell me what I need to do to get British passport thank you Clare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there are you there
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayDo you have a Permanent Residence Card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I came here at the age of 14 stayed with my aunt we did not need permanent resident card as we are from Europe Portugal I was never asked for that can you please just tell me what I need to do thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How many days have you spent out of the Uk in the last three years?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't been out of the U.K. For the past 18 years
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
As a result of your lengthy period of living here in the Uk you are entitled to apply t be Naturalised and become a British CitizenYou will need to pass the Life in the UK Test and the language tests despite your lengthy stay here - but I am sure that this will be an annoyancerather than a problem.The form you need is herehttps://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491380/Form_AN_01-2016.pdfHowever first you will need to apply for a Permanent Residence Card - details herehttps://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-cardI am sorry it was such a long time for me to reply - I had a family emergency