chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a British Citizen and have a daughter who is a UK

I am a British Citizen and have a daughter who is a UK passport holder as well. My wife is on a ILR however, we have relocated to UAE since July 2013. We have made trips every year to the UK since 2013 and fortunately my wife has not faced any hassles at the immigration desk. We are planning a trip again in July this year so just wanted to check if she would be fine to continue flying / enter on her ILR status. UK continues to be our main home and we would definitely return at some point in our lives and hence want to ensure my wife can keep her ILR status intact
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hello,If your wife has been designated ILR and you have sufficient ties to the UK and have been returning regularly, your wife should have no problems whatsoever gaining entry to the UK.However, lease bear in mind that the Home Office reserve the right to cancel ILR. This would only be an issue if you were to remain outside of the UK for a continuous period of 2 years or more.Kindly rate my answer if you are happy with the response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt response, this is very clear now.
Your welcome. Kindly rate my answer and provide feedback.