chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

My fiancé has overstayed and his passport is with the U.K.

My fiancé has overstayed and his passport is with the U.K. Government and is going to expire in August is there anyway he can renew and still stay in the uk? Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Please provide further information. Why is his passport with the home office?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi he obtained a 3 1/2 year student visa and work visa (20hrs) the colleague shut down and when the visa was going to run out he applied again through a lawyer but this lawyer made a fake documents (English language certificate) the uk broad agency contacted him to send his documents and passport which he did and he expected to get another visa but because of the fake documents they kept his passport and told him that he can only have it back when he wants to return to India. So is there any chance if can renew his passport why staying in the uk? Thanks
Hi,From the information provided, it would appear that the UKBA would be looking to remove him at the end of his visa. If he does not leave of his own free will, he will be removed.As he is now an overstayed, any further applications should be made from India.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello thanks for your reply just one more question is there any chance he can renew his passport in this country (UK)?? Is that even a possibility?
Hi,He will not be able to renew his passport whilst the previous passport is in the possession of the UKBAI hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Just one last question he is worried that because the UKBA has his passport, will this impact him for reapplying for a visa again once he has renewed his Indian passport? He wants to go back voluntarily but could they put a tag on him i.e deport him once he decides to go? (I hope this makes sense) plus will it help his case that we are getting a formal engagement in the July as well? Many thanks
Hi,I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if he has overstayed his previous visa, this will adversely affect any future application he may make.If he us deported, he will face an automatic 10 year ban. He is best to leave of his own accord.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, sorry after this question i will rate the answer and provide positive feedback you have been very helpfull i just wanted to know if its possible to marry him in this country? will British law accept our marriage?Many Thanks
Hi,He will not be able to marry if he is an overstayed. To marry legal, the marriage has to be registeredat the registry office.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards