frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I Am in desperate need of expertise advise am going to be

I Am in desperate need of expertise advise am going to be homeless with two children, my kids are British citizen and am married to a British citizen we been together for 12 year, through the relationship a suffer continues abuse, it got more serious when I was pregnant with my son, my husband try to strangle and stab me with a knife, my then 7 year old daughter at the time got involve and stab the dad to let go of my neck.... I was place outside London due to domestic violence . My visa got expire . Bedfordshire council stop paying my housing benefit for last September ,they they said I was not in title to Benifit .... Every where I ture am been refuse... Dad not supporting his kids... I need help am going to be on the street soon.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need to seek urgent legal immigration advice. There is a concession introduced by the Home Office in 2012 to give prospective applicants under the domestic violence rule who are destitute to apply for 3 months discretionary leave to allow them claim benefits and secure accommodation whilst they wait for a decision on a domestic violence application. Go to the Gov.UK website and type DDV leave application.Here is a link https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-for-benefits-for-visa-holder-domestic-violence
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been through the that process already, just waiting on the home office to send there decision back to me which this up to six month, am under pressure to leave the property and I don't know what to do and who do I turn to, because social service refuse to assist me with the children