chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm currently in the uk working on a tier 2 visa. i have

i'm currently in the uk working on a tier 2 visa. i have been involved in a legal case in my home country for the past 2.5 years, and i've been offered a plea which means a felony conviction and 30 days in prison. if i accept the plea, how will it affect my visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,If you accept the plea it will mean that you will have a criminal record which you will have to declare to the UK Home Office. A criminal record will adversely affect any future application that you make for a visa in the UK.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i understand it may affect future visas, but i want to know if it will affect my current visa, and how long do i have to report it?
You should report it within 28 days as it is a material change in circumstances. If you then do not find suitable alternative employment, tje UKBA may cancel your existing visa.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already have employment. if i keep my job, can they cancel my visa after i report it?
If you keep your current job or obtain they should not cancel your visa.If you switch to another employer, you will have to obtain a certificate of sponsorship and then apply to switch the visa to the new employer.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.kind regards,