chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am working as a doctor with Tier 2 General Visa. My

Customer Question

I am working as a doctor with Tier 2 General Visa. My current contract is about to end. My leave to enter/resident permit is valid until Oct 2017. Can I work parttime/locum, 20/week, for an aesthetic clinic.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.
Hi,In short, yes you can, however, you will need to transfer between employers. Your new employer will need to provide you with a certificate of sponsorship and you will need to transfer your visa across by submitting an application to the home office.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment, I know I can work part time with employer B 20h/week without applying for new visa. But when my current contract with employer A ends, do I have to apply for new visa if I only work 20h/week.
If your tier 2 visa was sponsored by your main employer and they will no longer be employing you, you would have to make an application to switch.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I don't get a new contract, how long am I allowed to stay in UK without job? Until the end of my resident permit Oct 2017?
Hi,I would suggest up to 28 days as you would have to report a material change in circumstances to the UK Home Office and losing your job and not obtaining anew contract is a material change in circumstances.I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.Kind regards,