frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm an American applying citizenship in Britain and with

I'm an American applying for dual citizenship in Britain and with having to send my passport it says it can take up to 6 months to process. We have holidays booked as well as I want my passport at hand in case my 89 year old mum needs me for anything. How do I apply as well as be able to travel?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you are required to send your American passport then there is little else you can do. The premium service is not available for citizenship application.The Nationality Checking Service (NCS) may be able to assist you without the need to submit your passport. NCS is run by local councils. You will need to check with them to confirm.