frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

Good morning my name is***** and I'm Brazilian currently

Customer Question

Hi good morning my name is***** and I'm Brazilian currently living in Edinburgh Scotland with my partner she's Scottish ,we've met in New Zealand in March of 2015 since then we're trying to settle our lives.
I'm in a visitor visa and we intend to get marriage soon and my question it's what do we need to do and what kind of visa to apply and if I need to apply on my home country .
Sincerely ***** ***** from you soon
Many Thanks Joao Ricardo
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.If you get married to your partner, you will need to make an application as a spouse under Appendix FM. Here is the link to how to apply https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview. Please note that whilst you are in the UK as a visitor you cannot make this application. You must return to your home country to make this application. You must make sure that your partner earns at least £18,600 to sponsor you under this category.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get married holding a visitor visa?
After get married is there any kind of visa to apply from inside the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about to apply for a student visa , can I apply for any student visa from inside the UK?
You cannot get married in the UK under a visitor's visa. Your visitor's visa is restricted to as a visitor/tourist for 6 months duration.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I change my visa status and then get married here?
Once my previous answers have been rated, I will be happy to answer any further question.