Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I hold an Iranian nationality and a UK Tier 2 Visa. Because

Customer Question

I hold an Iranian nationality and a UK Tier 2 Visa. Because of my nationality I need to update any changes in my circumstance to the police but I had totally forgotten that I had to report my change of address to the police as well. It has been 2 years since I last updated m address with the police and since then I have changed to addresses. I am really worried that this will affect my visa and do not know how to approach the matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThank you for your enquiry.The best thing to do is to update your change of address as soon as possible. You will need to explain why you haven't. Whether or not is would affect your visa is a decision that can only be made by the Home Office.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for your response. Will the Home office have records of my addresses? How will they realise that I have missed one of the addresses as the police told me they cannot add the address that has been missed already
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
The Police will only be able to include your current address. When you make any further application the Home Office will ask for your addresses in the last 5 years usually. You will then have the opportunity to explain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there any additional action I need to take at the moment apart from updating my police registration? Or can I include an explanation within my next Visa application?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately We cannot not give advice on what other action you need to do on justanswer. We can only give information on what the requirements say, which is to report your change of circumstances to the Police, which is what you have done.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your hlep
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
You welcome