Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My question is related to 10 years long residency ILR I've

Customer Question

Hi my question is related to 10 years long residency ILR
I've been living in UK for more than 12 years. I came here in December 2003 on a visit visa & my mother & father came here in August same year four months before me & after I came here my dad got very ill he had asthma attack & was in icu for more than a month. All my family my uncle my cousins & their families live in UK & everybody decided to apply for indefinite leave to remain for my dad, my dad & me together I was 16 at that time. We applied for indefinite leave to remain in 2004 before the expiration of visa but that was refused & then we filed an appeal & waited long time after that. My mum passed away in 2008 & was buried here in UK while the case was pending. After long time last year in 2015 they granted limited leave to remain in UK to my dad & refused my case & after that I appealed again. In that limited leave my dad applied for indefinite leave under long residency 10 years rule & was granted indefinite leave to
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Ok so what is your question and can you confirm what the outcome of your appeal is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi my dad was granted leave to remain & my appeal was heard in court and there judge gave 10 days to Homeoffice but they took like three months & there decided not to give me indefinite leave instead they granted me leave to remain due to expire in Feb 2018
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is do I qualify for 10 year long residency period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since coming here in UK in 2003 I only traveled to Pakistan last month for 24 days
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe 10 year rule requires continuous and lawful leave. Have you had lawful leave throughout a 10 year period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after appealing in 2004 my appeal was heard last year & after that I was granted 2 & half year leave to remain due to expire in Feb 2018
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
but my question is did your visa expire at any point whilst in your possession? Do you have any criminal convictions. Have you been outside the UK for more than 18 months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've passed the life in the UK test but I still need to pass other B1 speaking & listening test
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps that may be the reason your ILR wasn't granted because you haven't passed the English language requirement.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I pass the both tests can I apply for 10 year long residence ILR visa?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to address any more question until you have rated.
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience: Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi can I apply for 10 year long residence ILR after I pass both the tests?
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
If you meet the requirements you can choose to apply. Whether or not you meet the requirements is not something we can give advice on here. You will need to seek independent legal advice on that. We are only here to give support and information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome