frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I applied FLR(O) as my Tier 2 curtailed leave was expiring.

Customer Question

I applied for the FLR(O) as my Tier 2 curtailed leave was expiring. This application was refused and it does not say whether there is a right of appeal or not. It asks for me to provide the additional information in 14 days time. I now want to inform them that my wife is pregnant and we have also got the mortgage. How do you suggest me to inform this to the Home Office, is there a right of appeal ?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately if your letter of refusal does not state you have a right to appeal then it is unlikely that you do. You will need to provide additional information in a written letter to the address stated in the letter you received. You should also include any supporting documents. You would normally have a right to appeal if you raised humans rights grounds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not satisfied with your response yet.Would the letter addressed to the address on the letter would amount to the additional grounds as the letter states that I should actually make a new application form by completing the new form.Clearly the option that you are giving is not the same as given on the letter

You asked in your question "how do you suggest me to inform the Home Office" I gave you an answer which is to inform the Home Office by way of a letter. You did not disclose the fact that the letter asks you to make a new application.

In order to give the best answers to questions experts on JA rely of users disclosing all relevant information and not by piecemeal.

I have not had sight of this letter you received neither was I aware of the full content of it but it sounds like you have received a RED0001 notice within a caseworker decision letter which simply is a refusal decision with notice that you are a person liable to be removed from the UK. The letter would ask you to give any additional grounds upon which you should not be removed from the UK otherwise you may make a further application to regularise your status in the UK. If this is the case you should be seeking independent immigration advice. Experts on JA are not allowed to give advice particularly in this type of situation.

So if you have any grounds why you should remain in the UK, you should state those grounds in a letter to the Home Office but if you are eligible to apply under a different visa option then you should be making that application before the deadline. You may also choose to make a new application under FLR(O) as you did before with any additional grounds informing the Home Office why they should grant you a visa. In any event you should seek independent legal advice.