frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My wife needs to apply next stage of her visa in the UK-

Customer Question

My wife needs to apply for the next stage of her visa in the UK- further leave to remain. I'm aware that the new rule to take another English test (A2) does not apply to us as it will not be a requirement until October 2016. Does she need to take any other English test?in order to meet the requirements of the next visa application. She has taken the A1 test initially when she first applied.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

If your wife has already passed the A1 test she would not need to take any other English test. The new A2 requirement does not apply to your wife's case unless her application for extension is made after October 2016.