chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I got married to my wife in Bangladesh in 2008 she's been in

Customer Question

I got married to my wife in Bangladesh in 2008 she's been in the uk since she got her indefinite leave to remain after 2 years now we want to go to Bangladesh for 3 weeks because she wants to visit her brother... The old Bangladeshi passport has her indefinite leave to remain the passport is still valid for another 2years.. Now she has another Bangladeshi passport a MRP PASS PORT A MEACHINE READABLE one but the indefinite leave to remain is on the old passport can she still travel without faceing any problems in the uk or Bangladesh becaus even people who work in the Bangladeshi embassy are not giving me a convincing answer.. How ever it states in the uk home office website that as long as the person is travelling with passports its ok to travel to and from the uk.. What I don't want to do is go to Bangladesh and face problems when trying to come back.. She doesn't have a biometric card at the moment
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 10 months ago.

Yes she may travel provided that she is carrying both passports with her. I would suggest that she staples the two passports together.

She can also apply for a TOC (Transfer of Conditions) however this would require her to submit all of her documents used to obtain the ILR in the first place and submit a fee.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is there anything I can get in writing that says this ie from a Bangladeshi embassy... As I've tried to look in there website which has no information regarding this or any traveling info

You can have a immigration lawyer provide you with a written opinion. Save for that, all of the information is available on the UK Home Office website.

kind regards

chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
is it possible for you to put something in writing and if so what would it cost me? Something from the Bangladeshi hicomission
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Do I need to fill in a TOC form or a NTL form?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The phone cut out after holding for 5mins and not speaking to you hope I won't be charged for this?will be greaful if you could answer my previous questions is it possible for you to obtain something from the Bangladeshi embassy in London that states that it's ok to travel and if so how much would you charge?

Hi ,

Phone went flat. You can call me in the morning. Number is ***** 915 436