Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My name is Rabhia, I am a UK national who married a

Customer Question

My name is***** am a UK national who married a Pakistani national in the UK in June 2011.
The relationship ended in 2014, when I moved out of family home because of his unreasonable behavior towards me & two injections by the court were granted.
I have been pursuing divorce since 2014 and he was finally served personally in May this year.
I have written many times to the home office regarding our separation and informed them that we are no longer living together and received no response.
He has made many threats against me and I have taken them seriously and as a preventive measure left the country to work abroad, because the Police said they could not protect me from him and the courts would not grant another injuction.
He claims he has lived in the Uk for ten years prior to being married to me, but in 2014 he was granted Leave to remain, on the basis of being married to me.
I do not wish him to be able to apply for British citizenship based on our
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

Do you need to have nay further contact with your ex at all?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
None, the only person who has any contact with him my solicitor.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

So you have no need to see him as and when you return to the UK?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't need to see him, but I need to prevent him from living close to me and harassing me and my family .
He has been made threats that he would attack me if I ever left him and now he lives close to my family house and there has been two attacks on my parents property .
I need to be protected from a manic who is violent and need to know what can I do as a pre emative measure.
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

When was the last attack on your family home?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Around May 10th 2016
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Was it reported to the police?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
just received a crime number
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

My apologies for the delay

What other housing options doe she have - who does he currently live with?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No idea, I believe he was renting
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

So he has no need to stay in the area at all?

When do you intend to return to the UK?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
next Saturday (11th June )
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

For good? (no reason why not, just checking)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
From the summer, June to August, working overseas mainly due to not feeling safe living in my home town
Expert:  Clare replied 6 months ago.

Has the Decree Nisi been granted?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Decree NISI has finally been signed by him and when I return to the uk will be signed by me so it can go to the courts.