Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Just need help confirming which visa route I need to apply

Just need help confirming which visa route I need to apply for. I'm currently in the uk on a work visa (Tier 2 General). My partner and I got married and I'd like to switch to a spousal visa. I've filled in the FLR (M) application - just wanted to check if this is the correct form/route?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is your partner a UK citizen, or foreign national holding indefinite leave to remain?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,He's a UK citizen since birth.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Yes, that is absolutely correct. You would have to apply using form FLR(M) because you are already in the UK and you wish to apply for leave to remain on the basis that you are a spouse married to a UK national.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom