frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

With regards to response Order ID 16343110-550 from Franz I

With regards ***** ***** Order ID 16343110-550 from Franz I and re the Surinder Singh principle:My Venezuelan wife has an EEA document from Spain stating the she is a RESIDENT of Spain, as opposed to a CITIZEN of Spain - :is the Resident status EEA document valid for entering the UK (with Venezuelan passport) on a short term stay?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

The Surinder Singh principle is based on the a British national exercising treaty rights in another EEA member state and then entering the UK on the same basis and not on their spouse holding a resident status EEA document in another EEA member state.