frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I'm currently on a Tier 2 Work visa in the UK and need

Hi,I'm currently on a Tier 2 Work visa in the UK and need some advice regarding the 10 year long residence application (ILR 10 year route) which I'm eligible for from the 12th of August 2016.However, there is a slight chance I might be made redundant in the next month which means my visa will be curtailed to 60 days (whenever UKVI decide to update my file). I wanted to know whether I can apply for the 10 year lLR during the period of curtailment? Or should I have a non-curtailed visa?Thanks very much for your help!
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

You continue to have legal status in the UK until your visa has in fact been curtailed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean my ILR application will be invalid when I apply during my curtailment?And if the above is the case does it mean I need to find a new sponsor and obtain a new tier 2 visa and then apply for my ILR?

It would be helpful if you read my answer carefully. During the 60 day period you have legal status in the UK.