frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I would like to ask about applying children's first British

Customer Question

Hi, I would like to ask for advice about applying for my children's first British passport. I need your help to understand if my children fall in to the category of becoming British citizens automatically? My first child was born in the Uk in March 2004 and my second child was born in August 2007. For them it's their home and they have lived in England since their birth. Me and my husband are EEA nationals (latvians), we received our first business visa in January 2003 and since then we settled in England.
Could you please help me to understand if my children are British citizens automatically?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

If your children where born in the UK after 1 January 1983 and their parents arent British and the children are 10 years or more and they have lived in the UK for the first 10 years of their life and they havent been out of the UK for more than 90 days then they will be entitled to register a British but it is not automatic.