chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Can you help? My friend lives in the Netherlands. He has

Hi, can you help?
My friend lives in the Netherlands. He has lived there since he was two years old. He is now 33. He has permanent residency in the Netherlands, but he has a Nigerian passport. He wants to come to visit me in the UK for a holiday. He has applied for two Visit Visas since January this year and has been refused twice. The first time they said it was because he had not provided sufficient evidence about me and my address (where he wants to stay). The second time he applied I provided him with a letter of invitation, stating all of my details, passport number etc. Now they have refused on the grounds that they are not 'satisfied a visit to the UK for three days is proportionate to his economic or social circumstances' and say it causes them to 'question his reasons for seeking entry to the UK and his intentions once there'. He provided them with 6 months payslips and the trip itself will not cost a lot - just flight tickets and spending money.
Can you tell me if there is anything we can do? It seems like they are making a judgement on his intentions and I cannot see what else we can provide to prove otherwise. Can we appeal the decision? What would the next step be?
Thank you for your time
Joanne Henderson
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Hi Joanne,

Can you scan across a copy of the refusal letter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. He sent me this photo of it yesterday. If it not clear enough I can ask him for another copy.

Hi Joanne,

Both images appear to be of the same page.

Did your friend not submit his bank statements as part of the supporting evidence?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry. I sent the image twice accidentally. And no he didn't. He sent them the first time he applied. But the information online said send either payslips or bank statements. So he only took in payslips.

He should have submitted both payslips and bank statements.

Unfortunately, there is no right to appeal and the only thing he can do is submit a fresh application.

I would suggest he employ a solicitor or immigration advisor to file the application for him.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards