How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Frantz I Your Own Question
Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 402
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Frantz I is online now

My partner (a New Zealand National) and myself (a British

Resolved Question:

Hi, My partner (a New Zealand National) and myself (a British Citizen from birth) got married on 31st May 2016 after getting permission from the Home Office. My wife has a Residence Permit. The "type" of permit is UK Ancestry Leave to Remain with Work Permitted. The permit is valid until 14/06/2016. Can you advise me on the way forward on getting permanent leave to remain, naturalisation or citizenship. Obviously there is a name change involved. I have looked at the government website but it seems rather confusing today the least!!
Thank you. Regards Steve.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your enquiry.

It is not clear how long your partner has remained in the UK under the Ancestry visa but if she has completed 5 years under this visa she would be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain(ILR). Naturalisation and citizenship follow from ILR.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be the way forward in applying for indefinite leave. ie what form would we need to complete the application? Is there a phone number we can ring to get the correct information, to ensure we go the correct route?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife has had permission to stay for 10 years. Firstly, on an ancestry visa (5 year's) and then a biometric residence permit for another 5 years
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.

The link i have provided gives you information about the application process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There doesn't appear to be a link in your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no link
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.

Frantz I and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Immigration Law Questions