Frantz I
Frantz I, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

My partner (a New Zealand National) and myself (a British

Hi, My partner (a New Zealand National) and myself (a British Citizen from birth) got married on 31st May 2016 after getting permission from the Home Office. My wife has a Residence Permit. The "type" of permit is UK Ancestry Leave to Remain with Work Permitted. The permit is valid until 14/06/2016. Can you advise me on the way forward on getting permanent leave to remain, naturalisation or citizenship. Obviously there is a name change involved. I have looked at the government website but it seems rather confusing today the least!!
Thank you. Regards Steve.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

It is not clear how long your partner has remained in the UK under the Ancestry visa but if she has completed 5 years under this visa she would be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain(ILR). Naturalisation and citizenship follow from ILR.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what would be the way forward in applying for indefinite leave. ie what form would we need to complete the application? Is there a phone number we can ring to get the correct information, to ensure we go the correct route?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My wife has had permission to stay for 10 years. Firstly, on an ancestry visa (5 year's) and then a biometric residence permit for another 5 years
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.

The link i have provided gives you information about the application process.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There doesn't appear to be a link in your reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no link
Expert:  Frantz I replied 1 year ago.

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-have-a-uk-ancestry-visa