frantzgregory
frantzgregory, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Over 5 years dealing with EEA Law, Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Law.
80411141

I am a Tier 2 General visa holder, and my wife is with me on

I am a Tier 2 General visa holder, and my wife is with me on a Tier 2 Dependent visa.My wife is a doctor and would like to take up a 'non training' locum post. For this purpose, we would like to set up a limited company with a paid up share capital of £100. This is a similar model to what most UK contractors setup and the objective is to optimise take home pay.Given our immigration statuses,1. is my wife allowed to setup and become a director and shareholder in a limited company, with the paid up capital of £100?2. Can I be a co-director, or at least a Company Secretary in this Company? This is because I would like to support her administratively and look after her tax affairs, etc.Many thanks.Vivek.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  frantzgregory replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your enquiry.

This is what the rules stipulate "No Employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training, unless you:

**** have obtained a primary degree in medicine or dentistry from a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or which holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points Based System; or

*** you are applying for leave to remain and have, or have last been granted, entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain that was not subject to a condition restricting your employment, whether that is employment as a Doctor or Dentist in Training or otherwise, and have been employed during that leave as a Doctor or Dentist in Training."

A Tier 2 applicant can do a second job in the same sector and at the same level as your main job for up to 20 hours per week. If the job is in a different sector as the main job then the applicant will need to make an new application.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but this is the official guidance and not exactly what I was looking for.Please could you revisit my queries above, and apply your expertise and the above guidance to answer them?Thank you!

If you are looking for advice on your question, this is not the place receive it. You would need to seek legal advice. I am only able to give general answers to questions on JA. The answer I have given is based upon the guidance.