chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am looking into applying permanent residence card, but

Hi, I am looking into applying for the permanent residence card, but getting confused which one is actually relevant to my situation: I am Czech, my husband is British, we've been married since 2003 and I have lived over here since 2003, we have 2 kids together that are British citizens. Which form am I to use to make an application? Thank you. Petra
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Hi Petra,

Have you ever applied for any sort of permission before?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a marriage visa from April 2003, entered UK in May 2003 and in May 2004 Czech Republic entered the EU, so I never applied for any other permission.

Hi Petra,

If you have been here for the last 5 years or m9re, you will be eligible to apply for permanent residence. In the UK. Once granted, you will be eligible for naturalisation as a UK citizen.

You will need to apply using Form EEA(PR)

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** my question. Do you know is there any government checking service for this type of application form? I know there is a checking service if you are applying for the naturalisation/ citizenship, but not sure about the permanent residency application... Thank you.

Unfortunately there is no checking service that I am aware of. You can visit a local solicitor or OISC advisor who may be able to assist.

I would be happy to check your form for you through the JA site. However, I would be unable to check your documents.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks. How would I go about it through the JA site (what steps should I take)? I've only just started using it... I assume I will have the application ready in the next couple of days or so. Thank you.

You can just scan and upload into this thread.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for your help.

It's a pleasure.

Please remember to rate the answer and provide feedbac. If you do not, I do not get credited for my time.