chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm a married 35 years old with 2 kids ( 10 yrs and 7 yrs )

Hello, I'm a married 35 years old with 2 kids ( 10 yrs and 7 yrs ) originally from Pakistan but living in the UAE. Working as a dentist since 6 years.
I would like to know my options for moving to the UK without my husband to work in the UK, currently preparing for the exam to get UK dentistry license. Can I come on a long visit visa and look for a job or what else I could do? Note that I have been to the UK 4 times for several dentistry exams in the past 2 years.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 1 year ago.

Have you attempted to secure employment in the UK whilst in the UAE?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at all because I didn't get the license yet.

A visitors visa will only allow you to visit the UK. It will not allow you to take up any work. There is nothing stopping you from looking for prospective employment, but as mentioned, you will not be able to take up any employment.

Further, you will not be able to switch from a visitors visa into a different category of visa whilst in the UK. You will need to return to your home country or the UAE to make the application from there.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright, then one more thing. While I'm on a visit visa, can my children flget any health insurance and school in the UK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my last question would be:If I get a job offer,
I can make the application for work permit directly to uk immigration or only the have company to sponsor me?Thanks for your help

No your children are not entitled to free NHS care. Any health care would have to be paid for. They should have travel insurance which covers them in the event healthcare is required.

Any offer of employment will require a company in the UK to sponsor your application. The company will have to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,You missed the school part, they can get to school on a visit or it is not possible?That would be all thanks.

No they cannot attend school if they are on visitors visa.

kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Hmm this brings me to one option then which is sponsorship, if i get sponsored can I sponsor my kids? Without my husband as I'll be moving with my kids only.

Yes you can. If you obtain a tier 2 Visa, you will be able to sponsor your children to join you in the UK.

kind regards

Please remember to rate the answer and provide feedback. If you do not, I do not get credited for my time.

Why have you given a negative rating when I have answered all of your questions?