Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

One of my colleagues who works company in the USA is

One of my colleagues who works for our company in the USA is planning to come to the UK to visit family and visit the US Embassy to renew her US H-1B work visa. During that time she will also visit our UK office to meet everybody and get some training on some of our products. She will be in the UK for 3 weeks, one of which will be at our UK office.
She has a current UK Standard Visitor Visa in her passport, remarks - "C-VISIT", it is an Indian passport.
Is this sufficient for her visit or will she need to apply for a business visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

If she has applied for a standard visit visa then she can carry out certain business activities on this visa. The standard visit visa replaced the previous business visit visa (amongst other things).

Please refer to “If you visit the UK on business” on the following link for confirmation that she can come for meetings and training:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

Please note that she must restrict her activities strictly to meeting and training though.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brilliant, thanks Tom.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome.