Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Covering letter First British Passport

Customer Question

Covering letter for Child First British Passport
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  chatham-chamber replied 5 months ago.

What exactly is your question?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need your help to draft a professional letter for my Child’s First British passport.I am British citizen otherwise than by descent, i.e. by naturalization. My child has a claim to British citizenship by descent (having been born abroad to a parent who is a British citizen otherwise than by descent)My Child was born in Pakistan; unfortunately we did not apply for his British Passport from Pakistan. Currently my child is living with my wife in UAE (she is working there).I need your help to draft me a letter of: "An explanation of why you are not applying in your country of birth"Reason 1:
In the very beginning, I did not have an idea that my child can be British citizenship if born abroad. I was under the impression that my child can get a British nationality only: If he is born in UK or when he moves to UK and settle there for certain time period. It was only recently when I discovered that my child has the right to claim British Citizenship.Reason 2: My child is currently living with my wife, who is working in UAE. She will stay there for couple of years. Hence they are applying from UAE and not from Pakistan.

What nationality is your wife?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pakistan

I am just about to go to work. I will look at this in a couple of hours once I have arrived at work.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will be waiting for your kind response.

You will need to be in the uae at the time you make the application as the British national parent should be present at the time of application

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, but I have to disagree.The child applications the form must be signed by an adult with parental responsibility for the child. The mother, regardless of the nationality, has automatic parental responsibility.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry, but I have to disagree.As per the guidelines, for child applications: the form must be signed by an adult with parental responsibility for the child. The mother, regardless of the nationality, has automatic parental responsibility.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 5 months ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.