Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I'm planning on marrying my Mexican girlfriend. She is

Hi, I'm planning on marrying my Mexican girlfriend. She is saying with me through the summer and due to leave in September. I meet the minimum income criteria (comfortably) and we had no dependants. Our relationship is genuine and we are now engaged. Can we proceed to get married during her stay with me? or does she need to return home first?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

You can go ahead and get married but your new wife will then have to return to Mexico to apply for her Spouse Visa.

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. I was going round in circles on the Gov.uk website!