Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

Me and my family are Portuguese we are working and live in

Me and my family are Portuguese we are working and live in Uk for over 20 years, we have mortgage, jobs and kids in school how can i get the right to live and remain in uk?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

The realistic position is that nothing at all will happen in the next 18 months - and the odds are that if we wish to have a trade agreement then like Norway we will have to accept the free movement of people.

However if you wish to apply for Leave to Remain in the UK based on the fact that you have been here for more than 10 years

https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/you-ve-been-in-the-uk-legally-for-10-years-long-residence

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, I feel more reassured.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome