Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I'm a Colombian citizen. 3 years ago I was refused a British

Customer Question

I'm a Colombian citizen. 3 years ago I was refused a British visa and received a penalty of 10 years before I can apply for British visa again. My situation have changed and currently I am a lawful permanent resident in the USA. My sister is a British citizen and just have a baby in London. I'd like visit them. My question is: taking in account my new situation as an lawful American permanent resident, there is any probably for me to be granted with a British visa today? Is that possible that they forgive me the penalty?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Why did you receive the ban please? What were the reasons?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They considered that I lied in regard the work's documents...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you received my answer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason was, they considered that I lied about of the work documents I presented at that time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I received the ban because they considered that I lied them.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

MicrosoftInternetExplorer402DocumentNotSpecified7.8Normal0

Thanks for your patience.

Unfortunately, if you have received a ban of 10 years for deception then your application will be rejected.

This is because deception is unfortunately taken very seriously by the home office and a 10 year ban is the largest ban that they can give.

It’s still a really long shot but if you were somehow able to prove that the original incident which gave rise to their opinion that it was a deception was incorrect then you could submit this with your application. It would most likely still be rejected but if you are certain that the application contains proof that the previous incident was misinterpreted then you could then either appeal on human rights grounds or launch an action for judicial review (both options are fairly expensive and take a long time).

These are your only options really, and neither are particularly appealing. You may consider that paying for your sister and child to visit you in the US is a more reliable way forward.

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. If you are satisfied then please leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom