UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Can my non EU partner (Vietnamese) apply from the UK visa

Customer Question

Can my non EU partner (Vietnamese) apply from the UK for a visa for any other European country whilst she is is in the UK on a tourist visa with 3 months remaining on her UK tourist visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 1 year ago.

how long have you been together and what is your nationality?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. We have been living together on a daily basis in a de facto relationship since September 2012. My partner is Vietnamese. Our son was born in September 2013. He has dual UK and Vietnamese nationality.
The 3 of us are in the UK with my partner here on a visitors visa and not on a residency permit. My son is now into kindergarten and pre school groups. If at all possible we want to avoid the costs and disruption of travelling back to VN to apply and receive my partners visa for Ireland (or Spain) and would if possible like to apply by post or here from the UK. If She needs to go back we must try to keep the time frame to a minimum. Our objective is to secure an Irish visa for a "permitted family member" so we can move together to Ireland under the EU free movement of workers directive. We will then stay for at least few months and return to England under the Surinder Singh route. Can you help with such immigration concerns?
Regards, Brian

your partner should apply for UK residency as soon as possible without leaving the UK on form FLR(FP)

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-form-flrfp

The application is complicated and I would suggest that you retain an immigration lawyer to assist with the application as this is an online service and you need someone to look at the paperwork.

if her application is successful, she will get UK residency and she does not need to return back home.

all the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I will research the FLR doc and prepare some questions for you and then initiate a phone call for tomorrow pm (assuming that timing suits you.) I have also registered for your "ask as many questions as you like" service. When Im preparing my questions if there are any pressing questions that need a quicker response I will email them to you (as well as setting up a phone call for tomorrow.)
Regards, Brian

Brian,

I would repeat again that the application is likely to be complicated and you should engage a professional person to assist you. I am not available to,speak on the phone unfortunately.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Understood. I will email you any pressing questions. Firstly is your practice able to competitively help with the application and if so what would you charge?

I am afraid we cannot act for customers of this site due to conflict issues. You are advised to search for your own solicitor using the law society find a solicitor facility or an online search engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Please advise which for I would use to keep my partner her in the UK on the 5 year route as I think I can show enough combined self employed and rental earnings over the last 12 months to satisfy. In actual fact I'm £1.3k short but can make this up with UK bank deposited receipt of £5k from a USA land sale in the last 6 months. Thank you.