Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I need to bring a new start employee from Egypt to the UK

I need to bring a new start employee from Egypt to the UK for a training course to ensure he is trained in UK levels of health and safety etc. I do not know what visa to apply for he will be here for less than 2 weeks. We pay him into his egytian account, and he does have his army service papers etc. Any advice greatly appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If he is coming to the UK for simple training and will not actually be carrying out any formal work then he will have to apply for a standard visit visa,

The webpage on this is here:

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa/overview

You will see that it confirms that if he visits for business then he is permitted to carry out training, which a health and safety course would fit in to.

Obviously, he (not you as employer) would have to make the actual application but you can execute a sponsorship declaration if you wish to asssit him.

You can go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of his visit, that he is to return at the end of it and that you shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds. This will help

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom