Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I am a greek national married to an albanian with a greek

i am a greek national married to an albanian with a greek residential permit. i have lived in the uk for 1 year and would like to bring my wife over. does she need a visa?
Category: Immigration Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

HI

Thanks for your patience.

Are you working pleasee?

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am currently employed as a part time care take and as a self employed handy man. i hope this is helpful. thank you.
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question. I will try to help.

If you are an EEA member state national (which you are if you have a greek passport) then she will have to obtain an EEA family permit first.

She will have to apply for and obtain an EEA family permit in order to secure her leave to remain in the UK to work. She will need to apply for it before she can travel . The government webpage containing information and links for how she can do this is here:-

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/overview

Once she has come to the UK on her family permit she will be eligible to apply to the home office for a residence card which confirms her right of residence in the UK for 5 years on the basis of your marriage:-

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/overview

At the end of this time she will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if she wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back. Please remember to leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you so much for your help. i appreciate it.