Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

I come to the uk from Spain on a working Visa on the

I come to the uk from Spain on a working Visa on the 22/05/1972 after getting married 1974 I was granted indefinite, unfortunately I don't have the passport with the stamp that the home office issued ,now I would like to make my stay in the uk secured as all my family is in this country ,I do have prove that I been in the uk for 42 year most of them were working for the NHS,I would be grateful as wich is the best way to proceed,thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for your patience.

Just to confirm, you are a Spanish citizen, correct?

Tom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 months ago.

Active Requests

Hide Sidebar

I own a property (house) with 1 other person. Both of us

I have lived in uk 30 years married to a british man but we

I am a greek national married to an albanian with a greek

I have been married to a Kuwaiti last 20 years. Our children

Can Irish citizens get UK passport? I've lived in UK years.

Am a Swedish citizen; have lived in UK since 2001; work City

I have been living in the UK years. I hold a French

Request Details

JACUSTOMER-0qv711zn- has 1 open request.

Value:

$29.39

Category:

Immigration Law

/ Law

|

Status:

Waiting For Customer

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid you are not yet eligible to apply for a UK passport yet unless you already have in your possession (or can obtain) a document confirming your permanent residence/indefinite leave to remain.

This is because you have not obtained a PR card. The rules were changed about a year ago, so that applicants for naturalisation must hold a PR card if they are EEA nationals if you want to apply for UK citizenship.

So, you must first apply for PR and obtain it before you naturalise, or you van simply apply for permanent residence and simply remain living here with a PR card. Details on how you can apply are on the following page:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-residence-card/permanent-residence-card

IF the home office confirm that you have had PR from a date prior to the date they actually issue the card then you can apply for naturalisation once year has passed since that date.

If the home office do not acknowledge that you held PR prior to the date that they actually issue the card then you will have o wait until 12 months have passed since the issue of the PR card.

When you apply for naturalisation you must ensure that you meet the criteria on the following page:

https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/check-if-you-can-apply

I am sorry that I could not have better news for you, but it's fairly straight forward to get PR card and then naturalise. I would caution that when apply for PR you have to send off all your original documents (including your passport) and they take generally around 6 months to decide the application so you should only apply when you can put up with being without your passport for 6 months.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. If you are satisfied then please leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Tomas I am not Hide Sidebar I am Pilar Vites ,Ithink I got her reply? Can you revised please thank you Pilar Vites
Expert:  Thomas replied 6 months ago.

Hi Pilar,

Sorry, I drafted my reply in a different program and it unforunately copied unintended parts.

If you do not hold a document confirming "indefinite leave to remain" or "permanent residence". Then the best way forward (whether you want to naturalise as a UK citizen or simply confirm your right to reside permanently in the UK, would be to apply for confirmation of your permanent residence status.

You can apply for permanent residence and simply remain living here with a PR card if you wish. Details on how you can apply are on the following page:

I would caution that when apply for PR you have to send off all your original documents (including your passport) and they take generally around 6 months to decide the application so you should only apply when you can put up with being without your passport for 6 months.

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 6 months ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided. If you have no further questions then please do leave positive feedback using the stars at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Thomas thank you for the advice,I am sorry for the delay getting back, I have decide to apply for a permanent residence can you advise me on wich form to use,thank you ,regards ***** *****
Expert:  Thomas replied 5 months ago.

Please leave feedback and I will confirm..

Tom

Thomas, Lawyer
Experience: UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.